Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today was a much better day than yesterday.  I went to yoga and finished the first pattern repeat on my second Twisted Flower sock.  I felt a lot better.

I've been re-reading the Adrian Mole books by Sue Townsend.  They are very funny, but can also be very sad.  It is hard for me to believe that there could be someone in this world less self-aware than the character of Adrian Mole.  He believes himself to be an intellectual, poet and writer and better than everyone else, yet he pretty much fails at everything he does.  The lack of self-awareness shows up because he rarely believes himself to be the cause of his own failure.  It is always someone else's fault.  There are a couple of rare, shining moments in the series when you think he is going to get out of his own way and become a happy and accomplished person, but it never does happen.  A couple of years back, I had Patrick read the books and thanks to that, we are the reigning Taboo champions wherever we go.  All I have to say is "leather industry" and Patrick knows I am talking about "Norway."  

No walk today as it has been raining pretty badly all day.  It is supposed to rain again all day tomorrow so it looks like I will have to put up with extra puppy attacks on my head until I can get Saffy out and exercised fully.  I guess all the lacerations have healed so it's time for some new ones.

No comments: