Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Surprises

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved surprises.  Not the "jump out at you and scare the crap out of you" scary-type of surprises, but the surprise party awesome type of surprises.  I never got a surprise party (would love one someday, btw) but my grandparents surprised me pretty good when I was little.  I remember sleeping over at their house and the next morning, Grandpa announced that we were going to go for a ride in the car.  We all piled in and drove and drove and drove.  Suddenly, in the distance, I saw a roller coaster!  I asked my grandpa if we could go there and he said, "sure!"  I couldn't believe it!  I was so excited to get to go to Great America.  To this day, this is one of the best memories I have.  It was amazing.  I recently found out that when I was little, I would get so excited that I would make myself physically ill, so they couldn't tell me about the trip without risking me getting a high fever.  My husband picks on me about this now.  "Don't get too excited or you'll get a fever!" he tells me.

Since I started Weight Watchers, Patrick had promised me surprises for every ten pounds I lose.  Until Saturday, I hadn't reaped any of the benefits of this promise in spite of losing over 30 pounds.  Saturday, Patrick scheduled me a haircut.  I haven't had my hair cut in almost a year, so it was overdue.  Here's my before (looking skinny):
Yeah, I'm getting thinner!

And my smokin' hot post-haircut shot:
My smokin' new haircut

Happy April!

6 comments:

Heather Wardell said...

You look great! And I seriously covet your hair colour. :) Mine is a lovely "dark brown mixed with gray". (At least, it is under the gazillion layers of hair dye... I'm only 36 and I can't handle being gray yet. :)

You're doing SO well with the Weight Watchers - good for you!

Diana said...

Thanks! Growing up I hated having red hair, I always got made fun of by the other kids. Now all those other kids are jealous of me! Karma!

Heather Wardell said...

I don't THINK I made fun of people with red hair, but if I did, I'm paying for it now. :)

Spyral said...

See, I totally wanted to be a readhead for years. I've somehow mastered this brown/auburn color that people actually think is my real color and compliment. I guess that's something.

You look absolutely amazing, Diana! I always thought you were beautiful, anyways.

Jennifer said...

Cute! And congratulations!!

Pat said...

Congratulations on losing 10 lbs! great haircut by the way.