Saturday, April 04, 2009

I haven't been knitting too much lately.  I finished a pair of Jaywalker socks for myself two weeks ago.  I used the Opal Rainforest yarn my mom bought me for Christmas.  I think they turned out very cute:

Jaywalker socks

Last week I cast on for Absinthe and I am about halfway through the first sock.  It is my first toe-up sock and I really don't think I like it very much.  I got halfway through the foot and ended up ripping the whole thing out because I messed up on the cables.  Now I am contemplating ripping out the entire thing.  I'm just not feeling it and the idea of having to knit the second sock really doesn't do it for me.  I have to come up with another pattern to use with the Flat Feet I'm using for Absinthe.

I've also been working on Cookie A's Twisted Flower pattern.  It's a beautiful and very well-written pattern like all of Cookie A's patterns.  It is slow going though.  I have only been working on it when I go to my knitting group on Tuesday mornings and I just started the heel flap on the first sock.  

In general, I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately.  Patrick being gone so much is really wearing on me.  I'm pretty lonely during the week and the time I spend with him on the weekends is just not enough for me.  I try to keep busy and now that it's spring, I will be getting out more often.  This past winter, of all the winters we've spent in New Hampshire, had really inspired me to hibernate.  I just did not want to get out of the house more than once a day.  I'm glad winter is over.  Hopefully, I will be able to see Patrick more often some day soon.

2 comments:

mini witchy said...

Those are gorgeous sock patterns. Almost makes me want to pick up some needles... almost.

I'm with you on winter, though they aren't nearly as bad here in AZ. I'm ready for sunshine and warmth! :)

Jennifer said...

Cute colorway! It must stink to be apart so much...