Sunday, November 23, 2008

I spent most of the day today knitting.  I am about a quarter of the way through another gift.  Yay!

This afternoon I was bored so I convinced Patrick that we should go Candlepin Bowling so I could kick his butt (which I did).  It's so fun and so very New England-y.  It's like regular bowling, except the pins are smaller, the balls are smaller, you get three balls a frame and they don't clear the knocked down pins between balls.  I think it is actually harder than regular bowling.  We always make sure we bring our out-of-town visitors to try it out.  We took our nephews a couple of years back and my nephew, Michael, who was four years old at the time, had a huge temper tantrum because he didn't want to give the shoes back.  

I promised pictures so here is a picture of our downstairs powder room before (yes, Virginia, there is a Mr. Hankey):


And in progress:



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

No toilet! Wow. I wonder if I'd be better at candlepin bowling than I am at regular bowling (which I stink at)...

Diana said...

Don't worry about the no toilet situation. We have three bathrooms in our house. We just have to go upstairs when we have to go...

Lauria @ Brackenbury Lane said...

Uh...... You mean candlepin bowling isn't the way that the rest of the people do it!? ;) My friend duck pin bowls and she and her current boyfriend of the time decorated one for some kind of contest once. I thought that they pins were just so cute and funny looking! :)


And look at all the tile work! Awesome!!