Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Monday to everyone!  I am in a good mood today because Patrick isn't going back to Bangor until Wednesday and he finished installing the microwave over the stove this afternoon.  I got a few things done myself.  I finished a gift, worked on two other gifts and made dinner.

I just ate an absolutely delicious dinner.  I thought I would try to make good use out of my rarely used Crock Pot and made a pot roast.  I just got a 2 1/2 lb. roast and tossed it in the pot with a sliced onion, chopped celery and some carrots, poured a can of beef stock over the top and cooked it on low for 8 hours.  It turned out wonderful.  I served it with mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed carrots and crescent rolls.  Patrick made us drinks (vodka tonic for me, gin and tonic for him) and we had a lovely dinner.  

My first four eBay auction items end tonight.  It's so exciting!  I'm making about $40 off the four items, so I can't complain too much.

I'm pretty proud that I have been actually posting every day!  I also really enjoy reading all of my new Ravelry friend's blogs.  Keep up the good blogging, girls!

1 comment:

Lauria said...

Yum! Sounds good!

Last night, I put some rice in the bottom of a casserole dish, threw in some water, onions, carrots, and garlic and then put a split chicken breast on top and cooked it up. I even deboned my piece first! I was shocked at how easy it actually was. It was a great one dish meal.

We have a crock pot, but the cover doesn't quite fit right and so we never use it because it lets out all it's heat. But I'd love to use it more. Usually, we can make it work if we stuff some aluminum foil around it. Maybe I'll whip something up in the next few days...

Congrats on your eBay auctions! That must be super exciting!