Friday, July 06, 2007

Today, I spent most of the day trying to get the word out on my Etsy shop. I added a mini-shop to my MySpace page and made sure my PayPal was set up correctly. I have already forwarded the link to everyone I know and send updates to my address book as well as post MySpace bulletins everytime I add new pieces. I also added my shop address to my signature on every message board I post on. I have had jewelry listed since April and haven't sold one piece. It is getting frustrating considering that I want to make my living making jewelry.

I have sold some pieces to friends, but I definately do NOT want to make my living by selling only to my friends. I don't want tto live off them. Although if someone (besides my husband) offers to support me through jewelry making, I might take them up on it!

In other news, I had to buy another skein of yarn to finish the shawl I am making. I also realized that I did a triple crochet instead of a double triple crochet in each shell, so the shawl is a little smaller than it should be. I don't want to frog it now, so I am going to keep going and give it to someone with small shoulders.

No comments: