Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yesterday morning I had a really awesome yoga class.  It was the first time that I did Chaturanga Dandasana off my knees for the entire class.  Basically it is the down part of the push-up which you need to do without plopping your entire body on the ground.  It requires lots of upper body strength and control.  Usually I drop to my knees because I feel it is more important to keep proper form during one's yoga practice than it is to try to do the poses "the proper way" and end up doing them half-assed.  Yesterday I was feeling strong.  The entire class went by quickly and it was the type of practice that felt completely effortless.  I was going deeper into poses than I ever have before and not feeling it.  I was in the yoga-zone.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately, my mood changed rapidly after class and I was just in a miserable mood.  There's quite a bit of stress going on in my personal life right now and that was weighing on me.  I am very glad that yoga, at least, probably prevented my mood from being even worse.

I bought Patrick and I tickets to see Stephen Lynch in Boston for his birthday and last night was the show.  We had tickets for the 10:30 show (which is past my bedtime, but the earlier show was sold out).  For dinner, we decided to stop at the Burlington Mall and go to Johnny Rockets for burgers instead of going to one of the expensive, crowded places downtown.  It was a good choice, I haven't had a hamburger since October and this one was mighty tasty!  I should be able to go a while longer without having another just based on how delicious it was.  After dinner we hung out at the mall for a bit.  I haven't been to a mall for about two months.  It was crazy.  We don't have any full length mirrors so I haven't seen what my body looks like since I've lost the weight.  Plus, I tried on some clothes and I fit in a Large--no X's at all!  That was exciting.  I swear every time I passed a full length mirror I stopped to check myself out.  I'm such a dork.  

The show was awesome.  It was so funny.  I laughed so hard I had tears streaming out of my eyes.  I can't believe how lucky we got with parking.  We found a spot RIGHT IN FRONT of the theater.  If you have ever been to Boston, or the downtown area of any big city, you will understand how incredibly rare this is.  We didn't get home until about 2:30 am.  

Today, I slept in and took the Beetle and the truck to get inspected.  That's about it.  

In crafty news, I made Saffy a sweater last week while watching the Oscars.  She likes it and looks adorable in it:

  
Saffy's new sweater

1 comment:

mini witchy said...

Adorable! :)