Thursday, February 05, 2009

I can't believe it has been a week and a half since I have written a post.  I'm such a slacker!  A lot has happened in the past week and a half.  

Last Sunday, the Etsy New Hampshire Street Team had a meet-up in Concord.  It was really great to meet a lot of the other artists I've gotten to know through their work and through our Yahoo group.  There were a lot of great ideas about ways we can help each other with marketing, business skills and promoting ourselves.  I also learned about a non-profit organization called MicroCredit-NH.  They help micro business owners get loans, learn business skills and network.  I went to an orientation meeting today and I really think they can help me.  I really don't know a whole lot about starting a business or running a business and having the support of people who are in similar situations will really inspire me.  I've found that I am the type of person who does well with a support system.  Some people can go it on their own, but I now know that I am not one of those people.

Today was weigh-in day and I hit my 10% goal!  I have lost 21 pounds since starting Weight Watchers in November.  We set my next goal at another 10% which is 18 pounds.

Patrick has been dealing with a ton of crazy things with work so he won't be coming home this weekend.  I'll miss him lots.  I guess our Valentine's Day/Patrick's Birthday celebration will be extra special.  I got him an awesome gift which I won't be posting here until after he receives it.  Since I am all alone this weekend, I'll be doing laundry and taxes.  It'll be like an awesome party.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found you thru Etsy,
My business is ArtemisLampwork.etsy.com

I would love to have you list my Blog:
http://www.artemischats.blogspot.com
I am originally from NH, and will be moving from, Jacksonville FL back to NH this summer, probably to the Nashua-Concord area, as most of my family and many friends are out that way!

Anonymous said...

Secret LSG RAK love.

Heather Wardell said...

Great job on the weight loss! My loss can be measured in ounces not pounds, so good for you! :) And that is a NICE keychain!