Thursday, January 03, 2008

Yay!  I am done with knitting and crocheting for other people for now!  As my reward, I bought enough yarn to make myself a sweater.  The yarn is a beautiful rust color with little bits of yellow in the fiber.  The pattern is by Norah Gaughan.  A picture of the sweater is here.  I am about two inches into the back of the sweater.  I did have to pull it apart three times for dropped stitches and the like.  I went to the knitting lunch at the yarn store today and bought the UGLIEST yarn ever.  It called to me to make something fabulous from it.  It is varigated and sewn together with metallic thread.  I don't know how to describe it better than that.  Beverly, the shop owner, gave me a very strange look when I went to buy it.  I don't mind. 

Next up, I am going to try to get all my new jewelry onto Etsy.  I just have to photograph it.  I hate doing the photography.  It is such a pain in the butt.  I try to make a ton of stuff before I haul out my photo tent and lights to take pictures.  

On January 15, I am starting an advanced jewelry making class at the Sharon Arts Center.  I should be a lot of fun.  Among the new things I will be learning is setting faceted stones!  Can't wait to post photos of everything I'll be making.

No comments: