Sunday, January 20, 2008

I know it has been two weeks since I last wrote.  I have been working through my sadness in losing Jesus.  The house still seems empty without him.  I have taken to sitting on the couch with pillows on my side because it doesn't feel right with nothing there. 
 
In other news, both my best friend and my sister in law had babies this week.  Erica's son was born on Monday evening.  She had a little boy who is very beautiful and sweet.  Andrea, my sister-in-law had her daughter on Wednesday afternoon.  From her photos, she is a beautiful healthy little girl.  I haven't met her yet as my whole family lives in Wisconsin.  All the babies have taken my mind off my sadness, but in other ways, they have made me feel more sad and empty.  
As a gift for Erica, I made her a bracelet with the birthstones of everyone in her family.  It's not really a mother's bracelet, but more of a family bracelet.  It has garnet, amythyst, quartz (I didn't have diamond beads for April) and aquamarine.  It turned out very nice.  I had also made her a pair of mittens that I was making for her from yarn I got on sale at our LYS and finished them in time to bring them to her in the hospital.  

I am still working on my sweater.  Last night I bumped my elbow somehow and ended up pulling a couple rows of stitches off my needle.  After about an hour of messing around I figured that I can't fix it myself and will have to go in the the LYS on Tuesday to have the owner help me out. 

On Thursday I was supposed to start my Jewelry Making II class at the Sharon Arts Center, but it was cancelled because not enough people signed up.  Instead I am taking a metalsmithing class with the same instructor.  I think it will really help my metal shaping ability and will hopefully give me more jewelry inspiration.

My next big project is getting my house clean for the upcoming visit from my mom and sister.  

2 comments:

Diana said...

I just realized how sad my eyes look in the picture in this post.

Aaron said...

Give Erica congrats from me and Andrea - maybe we can get together for a playdate ;)