Friday, January 23, 2009

The gifts are finished and in the mail!  I am so happy.  Hopefully they will be received tomorrow and I'll be able to post them here soon!  Christmas is over!

I have started my Eastscarf and I really love working with the Malabrigo.  I needed to get new needles for the scarf and as a special treat for myself, I got Lantern Moon Ebony circs.  I must admit that they aren't quite as nice as my Pony Rosewood circs, but they run a close second.  I am about 55 rows into the scarf, but for some reason, I decided that I needed to also be working on socks as well, so I cast on Mingus.  I am using Noro Kureyon Sock yarn.  These will also be for me.  

Yesterday was weigh-in day and I am down another 2.2 lbs!  I am only 1.6 lbs. away from my first goal of 20 lbs. which is 10% of my starting weight.  My jeans are starting to get baggy and I am fitting back into some of my old clothes.

In Saffy news, she got a bath today.  I have to keep treats next to the sink while I am bathing her to keep her from jumping out.  After her bath, she went seriously nuts.  I think she thought she could outrun her wet fur.  I was wearing a cardigan and she kept jumping into the front of it and out the bottom.  She is now beautifully fluffy and smells wonderful.  One of the women in my knitting group has a dog that's a little bit bigger than Saffy.  She knit him a sweater which turned out to be too small so she gave it to me.  Here's a closing shot of Saffy in her new sweater:

Keeping warm

No comments: